10 Red Geranium Seeds Perennial Flowers Seed Bright Flower Bloom 326 US SELLER
10 Red Geranium Seeds Perennial Flowers Seed Bright Flower Bloom 326 US SELLER
We Do Not Ship Outside of the US or to any Freight Forwarding Companies
************* We Combine Shipping*************
We offer combined shipping. Put all the items you want in your shopping cart. When you are done adding all the items you want, check out and you will only pay for shipping on the first pack of seeds and all other seeds ship free, if paid for all on the same order. Your shopping cart will combine the shipping for you. We only ship in the U.S.
************* Please read full listing before purchasing *************
The tiny leaves have the characteristic rounded shape, with contrasting bands of maroon. Aw, shucks they're cute! But the power — the thing that tells you spring is coming and gives you hope — is in the smell, that one-of-a-kind geranium fragrance. Even in the dead of winter, those tiny leaves smell like summer on the porch.
Many gardeners know about starting geraniums from cuttings. It's a great way to share treasured plants, and it feels thrifty. And gardeners love things that are thrifty. But if you start plants from seed, you get to choose from a range of colors: bright red, scarlet, bicolors, orange-salmon, coral, pink, white and lavender. And instead of feeling thrifty, you feel clever.
What You Need
There is a wide selection available at garden centers and online. The key is to start early: You'll need 12 to 16 weeks to get flowering plants. Some varieties come in to bloom faster than others, so check the seed packets.
Pots and soil:
Although you can start seeds in any container with good drainage and sterile "potting soil," it's a good idea to start with a multi-cell tray that's designed for seed starting. "We use the GrowEase system and have had almost 100 percent germination," Valerie says. "Of 200 seeds, only two failed to germinate. For potting soil, use a sterile mix, such as Seed Starting Mix.
Your seedlings will need light — lots of it. You can get pretty good results in a south-facing window, but it's easier to ensure ideal growing conditions by growing the seedlings under lights.
Choose a water-soluble plant food, such as Plant Health Care for Seedlings/Houseplants.
1. Fill your pots or planting cells with moistened potting soil. The ideal size is about 2-3". Eventually, you will have to "pot up" your seedlings. In other words, you will transplant them to a larger pot once they have about three sets of leaves and the roots have filled the starter pot. Although it might seem wise to start with a larger pot, it's not. Seedlings seem to do better in close quarters.
2. Place one tiny seed in each pot and cover with a thin layer of moistened soil, just enough to cover the seed. Cover the pots with a piece of plastic wrap or — if you're using a seed-starter — put the clear cover on top.
3. Place the whole setup in a place that's warm, with bright, indirect light. Geranium seeds germinate best at 75 degrees F., so consider putting them on top of a refrigerator or using a Heat Mat. If the soil surface gets dry, use a mister to moisten it with water.
4. Watch for germination, which can take as few as three days or as long as four weeks. As soon as you see the first shoots of green, remove the covering and moisten the soil if it looks dry.
5. Move the tiny plants to a place that gets bright light, with temperatures in the 70s during the day and no lower than 60 degrees F. at night. Although you can grow them on a sunny, south-facing window, grow lights are best. Keep the bulbs no more than 6" above the plants, adjusting as they grow. Leave the lights on for 12 to 16 hours a day.
6. Begin fertilization at this stage: once a week with liquid fertilizer that's mixed at half strength.
7. When the plants have three sets of leaves, transplant them to a 3-1/2" to 4" pot. Self-watering Pop Out Pots work well, but you can use anything that's about 4".
"This gives the roots more room to grow," Valerie says. "Plus, you get more space between the plants, so air can circulate. Crowded plants are more susceptible to disease." Don't get thrifty by reusing old soil, which can harbor pests and disease. Use fresh potting soil, such as our Transplant Mix, which is sterile and drains freely. Continue fertilizing the seedlings, but mix it at full strength and apply it at the rate recommended on the package. "I like our Plant Health Care fertilizer," Valerie says.
8. When frost-free weather arrives, it's time to "harden off" the seedlings. Hardening off is simply acclimating plants to outdoor conditions. Seedlings grown indoors have been coddled — you've been giving them just the right amount of light, moisture and nutrients. Outdoor conditions are more challenging, with fluctuating temperatures and light levels, more variable soil moisture and wind. About a week before you plan to set the seedlings into the garden, start hardening them off. Place them in a protected spot outdoors (partly shaded, out of the wind) for a few hours, bringing them in at night. Gradually, over the course of a week to 10 days, expose them to more and more sunshine and wind.
All seeds will come in a resalable plastic zip lock bag and placed in a bubble envelope so the seeds are not damaged by shipping machines. All seed packets contain no fillers or other weeds or seeds mixed in. Most have been harvested by hand & all test at a high germination rate.
We guarantee that all seed orders will contain the quantity ordered. Unlike many sellers who sell seeds by weight, all seed our counts are almost always correct, as the seeds are packaged and counted by hand. Seed packages are all double checked to insure accuracy. We do our best and will often add extra seeds.
We are a seller that caters to experienced gardeners. (germination and plant care information is readily available online. Most of our listings include germination instructions, so we do not ship growing instructions.
All My Seeds Are Sold Fresh So You Can Plant them Anytime within 2 years from Purchase
***Note: It is normal for tropical seed germination to be sporadic from as little as 30 days to 6 months or more- so patience is required. Buyers should do their own research for plant uses if needed.
BE PREPARED - Some Seed can be somewhat difficult to germinate - much patience and time may be required - please don't be wondering why the seeds have not germinated after short periods of time. This is normal. Several months will be needed for some seed.
Some seeds require some experience in growing. We provide germination guidance and recommend that you do some research before ordering if you feel unsure. Growing plants from seed is supposed to be fun. Sometimes it is successful and sometimes not- this is the way it is with gardening. Because we are not there to plant them, we cannot be responsible for germination failure due to improper planting or climate conditions. We will always send you viable seeds
Seed is a live product which depends on many important grower skills such as proper planting time, seed depth, type of soil, watering, light intensity, proper use of fertilizers, weed controls, fungicides, insecticides, soil conditions, and reasonable weather during the growing period. These factors are totally out of the sellers control, and germination and growing results are the buyer's responsibility and risk.
Payment by paypal. We offer combined shipping. Put all the items you want in your shopping cart. When you are done adding all the items you want pay threw your shopping cart. You pay for shipping on the first pack of seeds and all other seeds ship free, if paid for all on the same order. Your shopping cart will combine the shipping for you. We only ship in the U.S.
READ THIS PLEASE: Orders over $40 will be shipped with a tracking number, Otherwise: Seeds will be shipped economy/standard or first class USPS Mail ,2-10 day shipping and no tracking Items will be shipped 1-3 business days of receiving payment. Shipping usually takes anywhere from 5-7 days not including weekends and Holidays.
We always send the item to the address you give us on PAYPAL to ensure the security of the item. If you have changed your address, or want us to ship to another address, please change to the new address when you pay us with PAYPAL, otherwise we will not be responsible if the package is lost.
PLEASE NOTE.... The "estimated" delivery date in this and all listings is an estimate made by the postal service and posted on each listing by EBAY....not the seller. The date of estimated delivery is usually (but not always) accurate.
If you do not satisfy with the purchase, please do not leave negative/neutral feedback. Contact us for solution, We'll try our best to fix the problem as soon as possible.
Important, Please read
All seeds have been test sown to ensure germination. Please familiarize yourself with growing conditions and instructions for your seeds before you plant them, as all seeds are different. Basic growing instructions can be found under each listing.
We Cannot Guarantee how much you will be able to grow, as too many variables come into play, soil condition, your ability to garden, weather etc. I guarantee that they arrive as described and are in good viable condition and the germination rates are accurate.