50 Orange White Salvia Seeds Flower Seed Perennial Flowers Hummingbird 178
50 Orange White Salvia Seeds Flower Seed Perennial Flowers Hummingbird 178
We Do Not Ship Outside of the US or to any Freight Forwarding Companies
************* We Combine Shipping*************
We offer combined shipping. Put all the items you want in your shopping cart. When you are done adding all the items you want, check out and you will only pay for shipping on the first pack of seeds and all other seeds ship free, if paid for all on the same order. Your shopping cart will combine the shipping for you. We only ship in the U.S.
************* Please read full listing before purchasing *************
· Zone 3-8
· Full Sun, Part Sun
· Height 12”-14”
· Bloom Season Summer to First Frost
· Features Attracts Bees, Hummingbirds, Butterfly’s
· Life Cycle Perennial, Annual
· Soil Well drained
If you are looking for variety, you have come to the right flower. There are over 700 species of this plant that originated in warm and temperate climates. There are annual and perennial varieties aplenty.
Spiky flowers are borne on bushy plants. Sizes generally range from 10" to 60", with most varieties below 36". You most likely know, and readily recognize, the bright red and scarlet Salvia. But, the flowers are also found in most colors, including blue.
How to Sow and Plant Salvia
Salvia may be grown from seed sown early indoors and transplanted outside after frost, sown directly in the garden in summer, or grown from potted plants.
Sowing Salvia Seeds Indoors
· Sow indoors 10-12 weeks before the last frost.
· Barely press the seeds into seed starting formula.
· Keep the soil evenly moist at 70 degrees F.
· Seedlings emerge in 15-21 days.
· As soon as seedlings emerge, provide plenty of light on a sunny windowsill or grow seedlings 3-4 inches beneath fluorescent plant lights turned on 16 hours per day, off for 8 hours at night. Raise the lights as the plants grow taller. Incandescent bulbs will not work for this process because they will get too hot. Most plants require a dark period to grow, do not leave lights on for 24 hours.
· Seedlings do not need much fertilizer, feed when they are 3-4 weeks old using a starter solution (half strength of a complete indoor houseplant food) according to manufacturer’s directions.
· If you are growing salvia in small cells, you may need to transplant the seedlings to 3 or 4 inch pots when seedlings have at least 2 pairs of true leaves before transplanting to the garden so they have enough room to develop strong roots.
· Before planting salvia out in the garden, seedling plants need to be “hardened off”. Accustom young plants to outdoor conditions by moving them to a sheltered place outside for a week. Be sure to protect them from wind and hot sun at first. If frost threatens at night, cover or bring containers indoors, then take them out again in the morning. This hardening off process toughens the plant’s cell structure and reduces transplant shock and scalding.
Sowing Salvia Seeds directly in the Garden
· Direct sow after all danger of frost in full sun in a well-drained but moisture retentive soil
· Remove weeds and work organic matter into the top 6-8 inches of soil; then level and smooth.
· Sow seeds evenly and thinly and barely cover with fine soil.
· Keep evenly moist.
· Seedlings will emerge in 15-21 days.
· Thin to 12-18 inches apart when seedlings are about 2 inches tall.
to Grow Salvia
Keep weeds under control during the salvia growing season. Weeds compete with plants for water, space and nutrients, so control them by either cultivating often or use a mulch to prevent their germination.
· Mulches also help retain soil moisture and maintain even soil temperatures. For perennials, an organic mulch of aged bark or shredded leaves lends a natural look to the bed and will improve the soil as it breaks down in time. Always keep mulches off a plant’s stems to prevent possible rot.
· Careful watering is essential in getting salvia perennials off to a good start. Water thoroughly at least once a week to help new roots grow down deeply. Soil should be damp at about 1 inch below the soil surface. You can check this by sticking your finger in the soil. Water early in the morning to give all leaves enough time to dry. One inch of rain or watering per week is recommended for most perennial plants. You can check to see if you need to add water by using a rain gauge.
· Until plants become established, some protection from extreme winds and direct, hot sunlight may be necessary. Good air movement is also important.
· After new growth appears, a light fertilizer may be applied. Keep granular fertilizers away from the plant crown and foliage to avoid burn injury. Use low rates of a slow release fertilizer, as higher rates may encourage root rots.
· “Deadhead”, remove spent flower heads to encourage continuous flowering and prevent seed development.
· Remove and discard foliage after a hard frost in fall.
colder regions, apply another layer of mulch (1-2 inches) after the ground freezes in fall. Evergreen
boughs (from Christmas trees) provide additional protection. Remove this mulch
in the spring.
All seeds will come in a resalable plastic zip lock bag and placed in a bubble envelope so the seeds are not damaged by shipping machines. All seed packets contain no fillers or other weeds or seeds mixed in. Most have been harvested by hand & all test at a high germination rate.
We guarantee that all seed orders will contain the quantity ordered. Unlike many sellers who sell seeds by weight, all seed our counts are almost always correct, as the seeds are packaged and counted by hand. Seed packages are all double checked to insure accuracy. We do our best and will often add extra seeds.
We are a seller that caters to experienced gardeners. (germination and plant care information is readily available online. Most of our listings include germination instructions, so we do not ship growing instructions.
All My Seeds Are Sold Fresh So You Can Plant them Anytime within 2 years from Purchase
***Note: It is normal for tropical seed germination to be sporadic from as little as 30 days to 6 months or more- so patience is required. Buyers should do their own research for plant uses if needed.
BE PREPARED - Some Seed can be somewhat difficult to germinate - much patience and time may be required - please don't be wondering why the seeds have not germinated after short periods of time. This is normal. Several months will be needed for some seed.
Some seeds require some experience in growing. We provide germination guidance and recommend that you do some research before ordering if you feel unsure. Growing plants from seed is supposed to be fun. Sometimes it is successful and sometimes not- this is the way it is with gardening. Because we are not there to plant them, we cannot be responsible for germination failure due to improper planting or climate conditions. We will always send you viable seeds
Seed is a live product which depends on many important grower skills such as proper planting time, seed depth, type of soil, watering, light intensity, proper use of fertilizers, weed controls, fungicides, insecticides, soil conditions, and reasonable weather during the growing period. These factors are totally out of the sellers control, and germination and growing results are the buyer's responsibility and risk.
Payment by paypal. We offer combined shipping. Put all the items you want in your shopping cart. When you are done adding all the items you want pay threw your shopping cart. You pay for shipping on the first pack of seeds and all other seeds ship free, if paid for all on the same order. Your shopping cart will combine the shipping for you. We only ship in the U.S.
READ THIS PLEASE: Orders over $40 will be shipped with a tracking number, Otherwise: Seeds will be shipped economy/standard or first class USPS Mail ,2-10 day shipping and no tracking Items will be shipped 1-3 business days of receiving payment. Shipping usually takes anywhere from 5-7 days not including weekends and Holidays.
We always send the item to the address you give us on PAYPAL to ensure the security of the item. If you have changed your address, or want us to ship to another address, please change to the new address when you pay us with PAYPAL, otherwise we will not be responsible if the package is lost.
PLEASE NOTE.... The "estimated" delivery date in this and all listings is an estimate made by the postal service and posted on each listing by EBAY....not the seller. The date of estimated delivery is usually (but not always) accurate.
If you do not satisfy with the purchase, please do not leave negative/neutral feedback. Contact us for solution, We'll try our best to fix the problem as soon as possible.
Important, Please read
All seeds have been test sown to ensure germination. Please familiarize yourself with growing conditions and instructions for your seeds before you plant them, as all seeds are different. Basic growing instructions can be found under each listing.
We Cannot Guarantee how much you will be able to grow, as too many variables come into play, soil condition, your ability to garden, weather etc. I guarantee that they arrive as described and are in good viable condition and the germination rates are accurate.